Tuesday, July 15, 2008

July 14, 2008 (and 15th)



yeah, yeah, I know - today is the 15th. But I didn't have time to update yesterday.

So...
my friend and I went shopping again - looks like Mondays will be our carpooling shopping trips. This will allow us to take advantage of the Publix $0.01 deal, too.

Our trip:

Kroger:
Unfortunately the only Kroger near us is remodeling and half the store is done, so they were moving all the products around - took a long time for us to find what we were looking for. But, we did okay. When we walked in, I went straight to CS and asked about competitor's coupons, the girl at the desk said yes, but the store mgr said not usually - however, he allowed the Publix $5/$35 coupon.

10 Cottonelle
3 brown sugar
4 powdered sugar
2 nesquick syrup
2 nesquick drinks
2 ocello 4packs
4 Turkey Hill Teas
4 BC brownie bowls
1 Perdue perfect portion chicken - mgr special

before coupons - $41.06 + tax
less coupons - $30
total with tax - $12.65
however, then I realized they didn't use my sugar coupons and went to CS and they refunded them to me . . . less $4.55 coupons
actual oop = $8.10

total savings = $$32.96


Next Target:

I needed dogfood and Target has the 44lb for $18 less a $2C. While there, I got a 2pack of Cheerio Crunch for $4.99 less $1 coupon on my free gift card from buying diapers last week - and it had store coupons for Cheerios which were 4/$7 and I had mfg coupons - so the Cheerios
were 4/$3 after coupons - with the dogfood - I paid $19.93 total (basically I paid for the dogfood and got the 6 boxes of Cheerios for free!)

Publix:

I love Publix - did I say I LOVE Publix.? The district managers and store managers were there when we walked in - so I asked about the competitors' coupons to be sure. No Problem there.

three transactions:
first
before coupons - $40.23
less coupons - $39.85
after coupons - $0.38
total savings including sales = $44.61
total oop - $0.98

second
before coupons - $39.70
less coupons - $39.41
after coupons - $0.29
total savings including sales = $39.41
total oop - $0.81

third
before coupons - $47.56
less coupons - $37.23
total savings including sales = $50.98
after coupons - $10.33

total oop - $10.66

total oop for Publix - $11.45 (not all food though)

Total oop for the day - $39.48, which includes the dogfood

Total food oop for the day - will get back to you later after canning is done :)

The pictures are of everything except the dogfood:

No comments: