Monday, April 13, 2009

Clutter = Wasting Money

I recently visited another blog that wrote about a Happy Home. Many things help to make a Happy Home - one of which is getting rid of Clutter! But did you know that getting rid of Clutter can save you money?

It really can! Think about it . . .

Less Clutter means less Stress - less Stress means less sickness - which means less visits to the doctor and less medication.

Did you know that Clutter can cause depression? If your home has a lot of Clutter, and you feel as though you can't keep up with the cleaning, organizing, purging, etc it can make you feel down in the dumps. If this goes on for a longer period of time, it can lead to mild depression, sometimes even leading to severe depression. *note, I am not a doctor, not have I done a lot of research on this, however, I am speaking from experience*

When our homes are clean, our spirit feels clean, too.

Why do I mention this on a Thrifty blog? Well, I have been decluttering and purging and it amazes me to see where my money was lost. For example, wrapping paper. I have bought wrapping paper on clearance and packed it into a box to save money for future use. But with the clutter in my storage closet, I could never find that box when I needed it - Yes, it was labeled - I just couldn't find it. So I would stop by the store on my way to wherever and BUY wrapping paper!! A waste of money!! I KNEW I had it at home, but I couldn't FIND it! So I put money out for something I already had.

Another example, dust! Dusting is a necessity I have discovered. Why? Well, off the top of your head you would probably think allergies . . . and you would be right! But how about damage? hmmmm . . . think about it. If you don't dust regularly, dust can build up on surfaces and stain. Think of curtains (which is where I started thinking after I read that post). Dust makes them look dingy, but wash them and they are beautiful. However, let the dust stay on certain fabrics for too long and mix with sunshine and viola! stains + fading. Now you have to buy new curtains. All I had to do was wash the curtains on a regular basis!

There is more to this, but I will have to save that for another rainy day!




1 comment:

~LL~ said...

GIRL!!! First off...thank you SO MUCH for linking to my blog.

Secondly, I love this post. That is awesome and SO TRUE! I really appreciate it and will have to come here again. I love trying to be thrifty